Sunday, March 30, 2014

State of Exception

Leather Jacket: Nasty Gal  Boots: Nine West  Sunglasses: Ray Bans
Turtleneck: American Apparel 

High-waist Vintage Reform Levis: Urban Outfitters 






Bag: Rebecca Minkoff  Rings: (index bottom) Vintage (index top and ring finger) Forever21









Felt super edgy and cool in my vintage reform high waist Levis from Urban Outfitters that I paired with a mod looking black turtleneck from American Apparel. These particular denim jeans are a true standout with just the amount of attitude and sexiness, not to mention the perfect fit. I decided to break in my new Moto Zip Crop Jacket from Nasty Gal and lace up ankle boots from Nine West-adding my Craig Camera Crossbody bag from Rebecca Minkoff which I adore. What I love most about this look is how cool it is, a perfect combination of sexy and tough, reminding me of the music I love the most. It's amazing how style and music are very much amalgamated and i'm constantly influenced by the bands, genres and artists I gravitate towards. Speaking of artists, I spent some time at the amazing Museum of Contemporary Art in Detroit. So vivid and striking, although I didn't fully understand all the pieces I couldn't help but take something away from each artist's work. I loved how certain works completely enveloped you- consuming the body with the art so you very much felt part of the piece. After a great time at the art gallery I ventured over to Avalon International Breads for a delicious cup of coffee and an oatmeal as well as a sea salt chocolate chip cookie. Go! Sy Thai for basil fried rice with chicken and fresh veggie spring rolls made for the perfect lunch for an already perfect day. It's a great feeling to discover little gems around town, and the more time I spend (which is very often as of recent) in Detroit the more I fall in love with the treasures that are held there. 

4 comments:

  1. Great style and beauty! Love your blogs and the way you "turn a phrase"!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the post! The jacket and jeans are a good mesh of structure and edgy freedom. You rocked it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much doll! I love how you understood the contrast:)

      Delete